Our consultation is now open – learn more and share your thoughts on the proposal before 1 April 2020
We have been working with a range of experts, partners, regulators, local authorities, clinicians, patients, and our communities to gather research and evidence to help shape our proposals for Epsom and St Helier hospitals. The evidence documents and summaries are published on our website in important documents and include:
• Phase one of the interim Integrated Impact Assessment (IIA), which includes:
- The initial equalities analysis of major acute services
- A deprivation impact assessment
- A baseline travel time analysis
• Detailed reports on the patient and public engagement work undertaken since June 2018, which includes:
- An independent analysis of feedback from public engagement activities during the early engagement period (June to October 2018)
- A equalities engagement report which details all of the work conducted by the Improving Healthcare Together programme team
- A summary of all other public engagement with protected characteristic groups including reports from Healthwatch organisations in the combined geographies
• Phase two draft interim Integrated Impact Assessment report, which details the potential positive and negative impacts of any potential changes to services, as well as solutions the CCGs could take to protect and improve the health and well-being of local people.
• A summary assessment of potential impacts on other NHS providers in the neighbouring areas.
What happens next?
- Public consultation: now open – until midnight on 1 April 2020
- No decision about any changes to services will be made until after a full public consultation has taken place and all of the information has been considered by the CCGs.