We have modelled the flows to each of the surrounding six hospitals to Epsom and St Helier hospitals based on travel times to the nearest appropriate hospital for emergency care depending on where the new specialist emergency care hospital would be located. The six hospitals are:
- Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
- Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
We have agreed these flows with each of these hospitals in each of the options.
We went through a detailed process to understand the capacity that each hospital would need in each options. We then agreed how much it would cost for each provider to build this capacity and the costs of this are included in each of the three options.
The investment needed in other local hospitals ranges from £39 million for the Sutton option to over £100 million for the Epsom option.