The early engagement stage of the Improving Healthcare Together 2020-2030 programme will close at 23:59 on Monday 15 October.
We would like to thank everyone who has provided feedback in writing, by email and in person.
So far over 500 people have shared their thoughts with us through a variety of methods including:
• Four meetings of our Stakeholder Reference Group
• 12 public discussion events
• Six high street and mobile engagement events
• Six focus groups with people who use maternity, paediatrics and A&E
• Six workshops and focus groups with seldom heard and protected characteristic groups
• Community engagement with equalities groups
• And through emails, letters, telephone calls and via our website and social media channels (Twitter and Facebook)
At the beginning of November we will publish an independent report about all of the engagement work we have done with patients, residents and organisations. We will also publish three reports from Healthwatch organisations in the area that will detail the feedback from their workshops.
We will continue to reflect and listen to local communities’ ideas as we discuss the potential solutions to meet the serious challenges faced by local health services – a shortage of staff in major acute services, a growing financial deficit and ageing hospital buildings.