Read the summary of proposals presented as part of this public consultation. We are consulting on our proposal to invest in both Epsom and St Helier hospitals and build a new specialist emergency care hospital which could be located at Epsom, St Helier or Sutton hospital.
The consultation is being led by NHS Surrey Downs Clinical Commissioning Group, NHS Sutton Clinical Commissioning Group and NHS Merton Clinical Commissioning Group. They are responsible for planning local healthcare services. The consultation is taking place over 12 weeks starting on 8 January 2020. It will finish on 1 April 2020.
This document sets out the changes your local NHS is proposing to make to hospital services, and explains how we have arrived at our proposals:
- Who we are
- Our history
- Why NHS services need to change
- Our proposal for how we change the way we work across our hospitals
- Some examples of what these changes could mean for you and your family
- Comparing the options for the site of a new specialist emergency care hospital
- How we evaluated our proposals
- What people have already told us
- We want to know what you think
This document is available as an easy-to-read version and has been translated into Polish, Tamil and Urdu. If you would like this document in a different format or another language, call (02038 800 271) (24-hour answer machine) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also use the Browsealoud button in the bottom right of this screen to convert the document to your preferred language, visit our translate page to find out more.
Remember to fill in the questionnaire to share your thoughts on the proposals.